viernes, 28 de febrero de 2014

Ugly duckling

One upon a time, there was a duck family. One morning some eggs hatched and popped six ducklings. But one egg was bigger than the rest and it didn´t open.

MUM: I think I only layed six eggs.

Before she had time to think about it, the last egg finaly hatched. It was a strange grey ducking that should have been yellow. The duckings grew quickly.

MUM: I can’t understand how this ugly ducking can be one of mine!

The ugly duckling ate for more than his brothers so he grew up more than them. As the days went by, the poor ugly duckling became more unhappy.

BROTHERS: We don’t want to play with you. You are very clumsy and all the farm folks laugh at you. We don’t want to be seeing with you.

He felt sad and lonely so he ran with Mother Duck.

MUM: Poor little ugly duckling! Why are you so different from the others.

He felt worse than ever.

UGLY: Nobody loves me. They all tease me! Why I am so different from my brothers?

One day, at sunrise, he ran away from the farm. He found a group os birds and asked them.

UGLY: Do yoy know of any grey ducklings like me?

BIRDS: We don’t know anyone as ugly as you.

He kept walking and found a pair of geese and asked them.

UGLY: Do you know of any grey ducklings like me?

GEESE: We don´t know anyone as ugly as you. Don’t stay here! Go away! It´s dangerous. There are men with guns around here!

One day, when he was walking, a lady caugth him thinking he was a goose.

LADY: I hope it’s a female and lays plenty of eggs!

But the ugly duckling laid not a single egg.

HEN: If you don´t lay eggs, the old lady will cook yoy.

CAT: I hope the lady cooks you so, I could eat your bones.

The poor ugly duckling was so scared.

UGLY: Oh, dear me! I just wanted someone to love me!

Then, one right, he escaped. Once again he was alone.

UGLY: If nobody wants me, I’ll hid forever!

One day, at sunrise, he saw a flight of beautiful birds wing overhead.

UGLY: If only I could look like them, just for a day!

Winter come and the poor duckling ledt home to seek food in the snow. He fain because os the cold. A farmer found him.

FARMER: I´ll take him home to my children. They’ll look after him. Poor thing, he’s frozen!

They took care for him. By spring time, he had grown so big that the farmer decided.

FARMER: I’ll set hum free by the lake.

The ugly duckling went to drink some water and that was when he saw himself mirrored in the water.

UGLY: Goodness! How I’ve changed! I hardly recognize myself!

The flight os swans stopped in the lake, and when the duckling saw them, he realized he was of their kind.

SWANS: We are swans like you. Where have you been hiding? Come with us!

The ugly duckling had friends and went with them. And he lived happily ever after.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario